Innovation Day another another another another another another another another Reflection

Our Innovation Day project was all about water filtration and we chose to create an activated charcoal filter made from cotton balls, rocks and activated charcoal. Building our activated charcoal filter took three attempts, and it was very frustrating. I didn’t feel like rebuilding the filter so many times, but my partner thought we should. It surprised me that we had to rebuild it three times, and then it finally worked even though it wasn’t the best. It wasn’t the best because we didn’t get the greatest total dissolved solids rating compared to other people that built different kinds of filters. We thought the activated charcoal filter was going to work well, but it didn’t do as well as we expected. However, the slide show we created for our project was better than the actual filter. The reason that our slide show was good was because it was neat, organized and had good information with lots of details. I enjoyed making the slide show a lot better. After making the slide show, we printed it out and put it out as a flyer about water filtration. Next, we presented a speech about water filtration that went with our flyer. Our presentation was a bit too long, so next time I would shorten it, and talk about just the highlights. To summarize, building the charcoal filter wasn’t very fun, but the slideshow was more fun and the presentation could have been shorter.